Monday, January 16, 2012

I am unhappily married. What do I do?

I have been married for 15 years. My husband is aloof. He seems so along for the ride it is making me unhappy & insane. I pay the bills, work, arrange vacations, plan my retirement, am working toward my degree so I can have a better career, disciple the kids, decorate, wash the cars, etc. My husband watches sports. I feel like I run circles around him. We don't have , has been a non-issue for years. I know he can't take care of himself, but I could manage more eaily in life if he weren't around to feed, clean up after and clothe! The second I say something about it, he gets pissy, makes remarks as to how perfect I think I am, and clams up for sometimes months on end! We have been to counseling, he wont go anymore. What do I do? How can I put it without him misunderstanding? I am neither saying I am perfect, nor that he is a loser, just that I would be happier living my own life rather than planning his for him while I walk around him. I'm not sure he could even live on his own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment