Monday, January 16, 2012

Bizarre: How would you handle this?

A couple of years ago, I was walking down the street and a person came out from nowhere. I'm a person that normally doesn't ociate myself with people that are not intuitive and don’t have a sharp mind. I just don't bother at all. But this one person didn’t particularly seem to fit that category and I gave him a shot. His approach was pleasant and we spoke and exchanged numbers. I had this overwhelming feeling that things were all right but they weren't. I immediately told him that I'm only looking for friendship and nothing more. He agreed and explained about his misfortunes and things that occurred in his life. I questioned his agenda and wanted to know what made him tick. He mentioned to me that he had a child and wasn't with his ex-girlfriend any more and wanted a clean slate. So, he introduced me to his family and they were very nice. But I still didn't feel right about the whole situation. I knew that something was up because nobody could be that nice. I was truly thrown for a loop. His family gave me big hugs. Quite naturally, there's nothing wrong with that and some people are naturally good people. l Anyway, we spoke on the phone back and forth and things were pretty good. He told me about things in his personal life that were too intense to bear but he over came them. He has bipolar disorder but I've never seen the symptoms trigger or anything while he was in my presence. We lost contact over a year and a half ago and reunited again. I spoke to him and he was very glad to hear from me. He invited me to a family function but called later to say that there weren’t available seats in the car. I was thinking to myself that he should have had all this settled before he set arrangements. Then I had an event coming up and I asked if he could come. His response on the phone was, "Yeah I'll think about." That was rude but he surprised me and came and I was shocked. The fourth of July came around the corner and I received news from him that he wasn't going to be in town and was seeking a job. The next day he called me frantically by phone to let me know of his departure. I was upset because he was going to be gone for over a year. I was thinking to myself, maybe this is a big sign. When he finally reached his destination, I was pleased to know that he was all right. He spoke about the job status and how he was alienated. We spoke for a considerable amount of time and he said how he wanted me to visit him. I wasn't sure about that because (Number 1), I didn't have the money and (Number 2), I'm just getting to know this guy. He swore up and down that he would pay the expenses and how I would feel if I slept in the same sleeping quarters with him. This was truly absurd and is truly bold to ask someone. Before this question, I asked information about his room phone number and his response was you already have my cell. I knew that something definitely was not right now, because if you're a friend you want to make sure that everything is alright with that individual. Stories continued to shift back and forth and two weeks went by and his number appeared on my caller ID. I immediately picked up the phone and there was a lady on the other side. So, I hanged up and thought about it and called back again. Indeed, it was the same person responding to his number. We all know this is shenanigans and was done on purpose. To give the illusion that there was someone else in the picture. A month went past and I never received a call back and wasn't going to push it. Ironically, I saw a relative of his and the very next day he decided to call me. And I know we hear this all the time, but he never intended on calling me back. His family encouraged him to do so, that was obvious. I don't like holding grudges so we spoke and he said he was sorry about the episode. I said to him, “I was concerned about him and wanted to know what happened.” He didn't really explain anything and I knew the friendship was over. We spoke the previous day but from then on, that was it. I don't understand what's with people’s heads. You don't even have to go with them for them to have casual attitudes. I'm taking a break from trying to have friendships for now. To me, people are too cynical. Maybe it's not good to connect with anyone at all. What are your thoughts on this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment